There are some changes in CVS that introduced a few SQLITE_OMIT_*
macros that are supposed to exclude some features at compile time.
Since you're on embedded system, I guess you'll find quite a few
features that you can omit, hence reduce memory footprint.

I don't think there's any documentation for those macros yet, but
check out this timeline
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/timeline?d=30&e=2004-Dec-01&c=2&px=&s=0&dt=1&x=1
(search for SQLITE_OMIT)