On May 4, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Sombra wrote:

Hi,
I was compiling SQLite for the PowerPC 8xx architecture using Power PC cross compiler, i.e ppc_8xx-gcc, on a Pentium 4 machine running ELDK, after a lot of problems I did it and I get the files: libsqlite.a, libsqlite.lai, libsqlite.so.0.8.6 and sqlite.

After this I make a C program based on the document "SQLite in 5 minutes" available in the site www.sqlite.org and I have success in compile it, but when I try to run this application on my Power Pc board a I had the following error message:

./teste: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

What command did you compile with on the Pentium 4 ?? Did you dynamically link the library? If you dynamically linked the library on the Pentium and you don't have the library installed on the PPC then you would get the error above.

I'm not familiar with cross compiling so I'm not sure if it is even possible to dynamically link libraries.... pardon my ignorance,
Austin