Am 01.08.2005 um 21:41 schrieb Kervin L. Pierre:

scunacc wrote:

I have built with debugging on, and can't do anything with the core dump:
dbx  Type 'help' for help.
enter object file name (default is `a.out', ^D to exit): sqlite3
reading symbolic information ...
[using memory image in core]
Illegal instruction (reserved addressing fault) in . at 0x0 ($t1)
warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core
0x00000000 warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core

Can you run the sqlite3 under dbx?  You may have better luck
getting a backtrace that way instead of reading the core file
after the crash. eg. 'dbx -r sqlite3' or something similar.

May or may not be related to a problem we have which I am just trying to track down this minute: when our "create view as select..." statement becomes too large (in terms of characters in the statement), we get an assertion (no crash here, though) in btree.c and the backtrace looks similar to the one scunacc provided, which made me think the two might be related... Anyway, I found that if I go beyond 866 characters in the query statement, I get the assertion. Your statement seem to be shorter, though...

</jum>