Michael,

If I understood DRH and Simon correctly, I think the cause for concern
is that SQLite should be interpreting the single quotes as a string
literal, yet it interprets it as a column. Perhaps it's a strange
example (i.e., why would you want to index a string literal?), but
still, the behavior deviates from what's expected, the expected
behavior being that we should get a calculated index.

Best,
Ersin

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Michael Falconer
<michael.j.falco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> as I see it there is no problem here. Explicit quoting regardless, the
> column does not exist and an error is returned, isn't this the expected
> outcome? In the DRH quoted section a reason is presented as to why no error
> is returned due to a built in default action. This may or may not be a
> point for further analysis (ie. is this an appropriate default) but I'm not
> seeing obvious crawly things. Perhaps it's me missing something Simon but
> I'm not overly concerned about the above. Don't use double quotes (always
> single) and it would appear things are just fine. You'll get told if your
> column is non-existent.
>

> On 27 January 2017 at 00:12, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>

>> On 25 Jan 2017, at 12:50pm, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Bug is as follows:
>>
>> Anyone ?  Did I miss something and you’re all too polite to point it out ?
>>
>> Simon.
>>

> --
> Regards,
>      Michael.j.Falconer.