On 26 Jan 2017, at 11:33pm, Ersin Akinci <ersin.aki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm a SQLite n00b who
> managed to stumble onto a subtle problem while debugging Rails. =)

Nope, you got it right.  And Michael has too.  I took your original report and
tried to isolate the part of it I felt was a bug.  Although we were able to
explain some of what you saw, I thought part of it signalled a genuine problem.

It’s a silly bug because it emerged when doing something nobody could ever want
to do: make an index on a constant string.  But there’s a chance that the
underlying fault could affect some command someone might want to do, so it’s
probably best that someone on the development team investigate, even if just to
say "We looked at it and it could never affect anything useful.".

Simon.