It seems that the problem of writing good multi-threaded programs lies in the
limited ability of the human mind to think in parallel, which reminds me of the
time when, after learning to use the unfortunate goto, they came to tell us
that if we used them, the evil demon would come and burn our toenails, even
though the compiler translates all those elegant programs to an enormous amount
of jumps in the assembled code.

I suppose someday, programming languages can do an analogous translation in our
limited but safe, sequential programs.

--
Adolfo J.M.