www.microsoft.com ...

The only time the OS is not "mapped" into the process address space is if you
are running 32-bit code on a 64-bit OS.  In that case it has to use an
imitation syscall trampoline stored at the top of the 4GB 32-bit address space
to jump into 64-bit mode to access the OS code.  In all cases where you are
running either 64-bit processes on a 64-bit OS or a 32-bit process on a 32-bit
OS, the entire OS is mapped into the process address space.

The most pure example of a DCSS based OS is CMS, although the actual real OS
(the CP part of CP/CMS) lives in a separate supervisor process.