Vermes, I'm late to the party but would still like to comment. The problem is the ruby code, not sqlite. The following is what you coded in the Ruby:

    db.execute("select szamla,megnevezes from proba") do |row|

In some shape or fashion, the result set is getting mangled by the update. When I debug it, the code is getting deeper than I have the ability to understand, but the execute is being reevaluated. That is probably getting more complicated due to the open (non-committed transaction). Again, this is deeper than my ability to understand.

What you need is a static collection and then iterate over the results:

    (db.execute("select szamla,megnevezes from proba")).each {|row|

- or -

    rows = db.execute("select szamla,megnevezes from proba")
    rows.each {|row|

The above will execute the select, returning a collection of the ten rows, then iterate for each member of the collection. The collection is not influenced by the update.

dvn