On 10 May 2017, at 9:26pm, Ward WIllats <sqlite-us...@wardco.com> wrote:

> But, we didn't do this in this case because a "disk full" error is not the
> CORRUPT or NOTADB error we expected to see to trigger the panic. So I was
> surprised, but...

I suspect that your initial post is correct, and the "disk full" error is not
genuine, but instead caused by corruption in the file.  Perhaps by the erratic
figure for max_page_count that you noted, or some other number associated with
page management.

I’m concerned that this sort of corruption is happening repeatedly.  Whether or
not there’s anything in howtocorrupt.html that rings any bells, you can rely on
us to help figure out what’s wrong.

Simon.