Hello all,

Let me start off with my apologies if this is a documented issue; I did search
the fossil tickets but did not find anything for “BOM”.

As of SQLite 3.19.3, under `.mode csv` and with `.import ……`, SQLite3 includes
a BOM (UTF-8) as part of the first column of the first record.

IMHO, this is of particular importance since the latest versions of MS Excel
default to “UTF-8 CSV” which includes a BOM. Would anyone be opposed to a patch
to SQLite that disregarded a BOM when found during a csv import operation?

Thank you kindly,

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi
NeoSmart Technologies