Bradley Small wrote:

I have d/l the binary distribution for windows. I am wanting to try the c
sample, but apparently need a lib and h file. Does anyone have these
compiled/built that I can d/l? Or perhaps someone can send them to me?

Regards ... Bradley M. Small
Senior Developer
MCC (Mobile Computing Corporation)
434-977-2732 - Office 434-295-7414 - Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mobilecom.com

Bradley,

You didn't say which file you downloaded, but I suspect it was sqlite-3.2.6.zip from the download page http://www.sqlite.org/download.html. This file contains only the command line version of SQLite.

To build your own application that uses SQLite you will need to download the DLL. This is in the file sqlitedll-3.2.6.zip. You will also need the sqlite header file in order to use the DLL (I think it should be included in the DLL download, but it isn't). You can get the header by downloading the file sqlite-source-3.2.6.zip and extracting the file sqlite3.h.

The last thing you need to do is generate a lib file that will let your compiler link your application to the DLL. How you do this depends upon which compiler you are using. For MS Visual C you use the lib utility and the file sqlite3.def that came with the DLL:

lib /machine:i386 /def:sqlite3.def

This will generate a lib file sqlite3.lib which you link with your code.

For Borland C you need the impdef and implib utilities (at least I do, implib should work by itself, but I get link errors with sqlite3_reset when I do it that way). This generates a def file from the DLL and then a lib file from the def file.

impdef -a mysqlite3.def sqlite3.dll
implib sqlite3.lib mysqlite3.def

For GCC you don't need to do anything, it can link directly to the DLL and doesn't need a lib file.

HTH, and good luck with SQLite.

Dennis Cote