On 7 Jul 2017, at 3:49pm, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jida...@jidanni.org> wrote:

> I recommend allowing users to directly submit bugs to the bug tracker.

This list is the bug tracker.  Users can directly submit bugs here.

> In fact the is how all other software project do it.

Really ?  Every single other software project ?  You checked them all ?

> their issue will have a number assigned and will be
> marked "open", and not just be forgotten with the other chit chat.

I’ve never seen a SQLite bug forgotten.  Every single genuine bug has been
fixed.  Sometimes by attention to the particular issue, sometimes because an
independent change to SQLite fixed the bug.

Fewer than half of the things submitted to this list as bugs are actually bugs.
 Users often don’t know SQL SQLite well enough to know whether something is

a) a bug
b) a bug in a previous version of SQLite which has already been fixed
c) less then optimal functioning
d) a bug in their own code
e) caused by application setup on their computer (libraries, OS, permissions)
f) caused by data on their own computer (code page, text file actually a Word
document, database encrypted, unexpected unicode, unexpected quote character)
g) working as expected but the SQLite documentation is wrong
h) working as expected

This list serves as a good filter to prevent a bug tracker from being flooded
with things that aren’t bugs.

Simon.