Hi,

I was pleased to see that 3.20 contained the source for the LSM1 virtual
table, even if not included in the official announcements.

My excitement quickly turned to disappointment as I realized that the
extension is unusable for all practical purposes:

- Single-key equality lookups are broken (unless you hand-craft the
encoding of the key according to the encodeKey rules).
- Everything else is a full-database scan.

I suppose I can understand releasing the code without all the xBestIndex
optimizations, but I was really quite surprised to see single-key lookups
weren't working as I'd have expected.

I don't want to be presumptuous, but I'm having a hard time understanding
why this code is included alongside extensions like FTS5 and RTREE. Because
it wasn't in the release notes are we to ignore it? That doesn't make sense
to me because, given the wonderful tools we have for things like version
control and all that, why not just hold off on merging it until it's
actually ready for release?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the issue,

Charlie