> On Aug 9, 2017, at 8:23 AM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com> wrote:
>
> I must say though, SQLite4 is *brilliant*.  I do hope that it either
> gets completed and replaces SQLite3, or has all its good ideas folded
> into SQLite3.  The LSM1 work in SQLite3 seems to point towords the
> latter.

One thing I’m unclear on: Will the LSM1 extension in SQLite3 be able to plug in
at a low level (replacing the b-tree engine), so one can use it with all the
existing features like relational tables and SQL queries; or will it provide
only a basic key/value store API?

(Sorry if it’s off-topic to discuss future features here. I know there’s a
development-focused list but I think I’d be way beyond my depth there. LSM1 is
potentially very, very relevant to the project I’m working on, but that depends
on how it ends up integrated, which is why I ask.)

—Jens