Hi Clemens, thanks for that.

Unfortunately is comlains after "SET diff_used," and I get "near ",":
syntax error: "

If I seperate it out into stand-alone statemeonts like this:

UPDATE tmp_dspace_import
SET diff_used = (SELECT tmp_dspace_import.used_mb - ifnull(prev.used_mb, 0)
FROM tmp_dspace_import AS prev  WHERE prev.date_time <
tmp_dspace_import.date_time ORDER BY date_time DESC LIMIT 1),
    diff_free = (SELECT tmp_dspace_import.free_mb - ifnull(prev.free_mb, 0)
FROM tmp_dspace_import AS prev  WHERE prev.date_time <
tmp_dspace_import.date_time ORDER BY date_time DESC LIMIT 1),
    diff_free_pc = (SELECT tmp_dspace_import.free_pc - ifnull(prev.free_pc,
0) FROM tmp_dspace_import AS prev  WHERE prev.date_time <
tmp_dspace_import.date_time ORDER BY date_time DESC LIMIT 1);

then it comes back "no error:" but doesn't update anything.  Not sure if
the abokve is ok - looks ok to me.  The only question in my mind is that it
won't diferentiate between servers and drives.SOme only have a C drive but
most hace a D and E, some have an F.  All local drives btw, not mapped.