On 26 Sep 2017, at 8:47pm, Guy Harris <g...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 8:22 AM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>
>> The basic error code is SQLITE_IOERR, which just means "Some kind of disk
>> I/O error occurred” according to the comment. Which is true in this case; an
>> I/O operation returned an error.
>
> But the *disk* didn't - the *operating system* did, so if SQLITE_IOERR really
> means "Some kind of disk I/O error occurred", it's *not* the right error to
> return for a *permission* error.

Those error codes were devised in a day when OS error codes were more simple.
Also please note that those error codes are addressed to programmers.  Your
users should never see the text explanation of the number.  Because your users
wouldn’t know what to do about them. At most the user can be shown the number
returned to they can quote it in a support call.

Can you find out which extended result code is returned ?

<https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/extended_result_codes.html>

<https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_abort_rollback.html>

That will let us know what’s really going on.

Simon.