On 28 Sep 2017, at 6:41pm, pisymbol . <pisym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are using two different connections, then they both have to be
> opened with full mutex and then SQLite will serial accordingly. Is that
> right?

You’re right at the edge of my competency but I believe that is correct.  My
understanding is that both connections have to be told to respect the mutex.
However this should be the default setting on _open(), since SQLite tends to
have defaults which give the safest results.

The closest I know in the documentation is

<https://sqlite.org/c3ref/open.html>

"If the SQLITE_OPEN_NOMUTEX flag is set, then the database connection opens in
the multi-thread threading mode as long as the single-thread mode has not been
set at compile-time or start-time. If the SQLITE_OPEN_FULLMUTEX flag is set
then the database connection opens in the serialized threading mode unless
single-thread was previously selected at compile-time or start-time."

Simon.