> On Sep 28, 2017, at 10:41 AM, pisymbol . <pisym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you are using two different connections, then they both have to be
> opened with full mutex and then SQLite will serial accordingly. Is that
> right?

SQLite connections are completely independent of each other; they share no
data* or file descriptors. There are no thread-safety issues between SQLite
calls made on different connections. If you open multiple connections, you
don’t have to use any of SQLite’s compile-time or runtime mutex support ... as
long as those connections are used on separate threads. (I.e. no two threads
ever make a SQLite call with the same connection at the same time.)

—Jens

* unless you do something unusual like using shared-cache mode