> On Sep 29, 2017, at 10:14 AM, Denis V. Razumovsky <t...@denis.im> wrote:
>
> I would like to draw attention to the document: "The Power of 10: Rules
> for Developing Safety-Critical Code" from  NASA/JPL Laboratory.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_10:_Rules_for_Developing_Safety-Critical_Code
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_10:_Rules_for_Developing_Safety-Critical_Code>

I’m not going to go into the philosophies of writing reliable code. I just want
to point out that it’s not a good idea to walk into a community and immediately
tell everyone that they’re doing things the wrong way and should start doing
them the way you recommend. It’s very likely to be considered rude; people are
going to assume that since you’re new there you don’t know their subject well
yet; and since they don’t know you, they have no reason to assume you're
particularly knowledgeable at what you’re talking about.

—Jens