This is interesting, not so much for the performance regression, but for
the fact that the posted Northwind database has
spaces in table names and view names. I wasn't aware this is allowed and it
caused a lot of errors in my app. I have this
nearly fixed now (by adding the square brackets), but I am left with one
problem. This is the fact that for example the view
Product Sales for 1997 has a UDF in the view definition: DatePart.
Obviously this is causing an error:
no such function: DatePart
I know there is the compile option SQLITE_ENABLE_UNKNOWN_SQL_FUNCTION, but
will only avoid the error for
EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN.

Is there a way to handle this with a compile option or otherwise, so that
instead of an error a Null will be produced or just the
original value?

RBS