No.

The Windows Search Indexer or Windows Defender only processes files when they
are "closed" (that is, the act of closing a file adds it to the queue of files
to be processed).  As long as they are "open" they are not enqueued for
processing.  There are a few exceptions, but they all require "application
support" to behave in the non-default "do not fiddle-faddle with open files".

To do otherwise would be completely foolish (or more correctly, brain-dead).

Of course, if the software in question is a third-party thing such as from
Slimeytech, McCrappy, or another brain dead vendor, then it is possible that it
fiddle-faddles with files that are "in use" because it requires a certain
minimum (but very low) wattage to realize what a really truly bad idea (ie,
completely and utterly brain-dead) that is.

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.