On 27 Nov 2017, at 4:51pm, Joe Mistachkin <sql...@mistachkin.com> wrote:

> Judging from the description so far, I think that both SQLite and
> System.Data.SQLite are working correctly.
>
> It is true that System.Data.SQLite has an internal retry mechanism
> that will wait 150ms between retries.   The PrepareRetries property
> for the SQLiteConnection object is the maximum number of retries.
> By default, it is 3, which means the total wait should be around
> 450ms by default.

Good to have someone who actually understands System.Data.SQLite contribute.

> That being said, I have not personally seen any built-in Windows
> application or system service prevent SQLite from access a file
> for more than a fraction of a second.
>
> Maybe things are different if the Windows AV subsystem actually
> finds something "bad" in the file?

It’s complicated.  Windows has its own AV system which scans files.  That one
cannot cause "schema changed", since it does things to the file (change
protection, move, rename, delete).

But the OP may also have installed another AV system.  And there are lots of
those and one or more may think they should be making chances inside a SQLite
database.

Simon.