Simon Slavin wrote on  Monday, November 27, 2017 12:39 PM
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] Need SQLite datafiles to be locked on OS level(Windows)
>
> On 27 Nov 2017, at 4:51pm, Joe Mistachkin <sql...@mistachkin.com> wrote:
>
> > Judging from the description so far, I think that both SQLite and
> > System.Data.SQLite are working correctly.
> >
> > It is true that System.Data.SQLite has an internal retry mechanism
> > that will wait 150ms between retries.   The PrepareRetries property
> > for the SQLiteConnection object is the maximum number of retries.
> > By default, it is 3, which means the total wait should be around
> > 450ms by default.

> But the OP may also have installed another AV system.  And there are lots of
> those and one or more may think they should be making chances inside a
> SQLite database.

It's inconceivable to me that any non-malicious application (including AV
system) would randomly change the contents of files it didn't own.  I usually
find the source of these kinds of things to be errors in my own program.

(granted that the word may not mean what I think it means)