I have banished a block of 256 IP addresses around the specific IP
address from which the spam was originating.  (The ISP is
Mellowhost.com.)  I did not expect that this would help, as I assumed
that the email addresses were being harvested from a separate gmail or
yahoo email account.  And yet, since banishing that block of IPs, I
have not heard any further reports of spam.

Please let me know if you get any more spam after sending messages to this list.

"Banishing" means configuring IP filters on the server to silently
discard any and all IP packets that originate from the targeted range
of IP addresses.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org