On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:56 PM, Christopher Head <ch...@chead.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question regarding text encoding of filenames on Unix
> platforms. I’ve read the two related mailing list threads I could find
> in the archive,
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org/msg35875.html>
> and
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org/msg94184.html>.
> Both of those explain that, on Unix platforms, the filename string is
> passed unmodified by SQLite directly to the open() syscall.

{snipped stuff}

While I cannot comment on which of 1 through 3 is true, given that the
VFS layer is adaptable, it would be "simple" (if so desired) to adapt
SQLite to do whatever filename transformation was required for a
particular system. You likely have thought of this (and hopefully I
didn't miss it in your post), but there is no reason why SQLite
couldn't support both Glib and Qt (and even other) file open semantics
even if the core team opted not to support them within the Unix VFS
code itself.