> Indeed, but that option does exist, it's called CHECK constraints

You're clearly right, but from my point of view, it's redundant to say COLUMN
xy INTEGER CHECK type=integer, because "COLUMN INTEGER" already implies that
the column is integer. And, btw, as CHECK already exists, it shouldn't be too
complicated to have a mode where this CHECKing is automatically done without
having me to declare (and forget) it in every column. (Just the way foreign key
checks can be turned on or off. It can default to off without any problem.)

My problem is rather that SQLite treats a column declared with an invalid type
as NUMERIC. This can lead to problems that aren't quite obvious. COLUMN xy
DOG_CAT_MOUSE should definitely raise an error.