https://www.sqlite.org/compile.html#enable_update_delete_limit

> SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT
>
> This option enables an optional ORDER BY and LIMIT clause on UPDATE and
> DELETE statements.
>
> If this option is defined, then it must also be defined when using the Lemon
> parser generator tool to generate a parse.c file.

What minimal changes do I need to do to a single / multiple configuration
file(s) of the source tree to be able to produce the sqlite3.c amalgamation
with this feature turned on and everything else carefully configured as the
default amalgamation file?  So that I get an amalgamation file functionally
equivalent to the one distributed, except for this feature properly pre-enabled
(presumably through compiling that amalgamation with
SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT too).

Is this even possible, or is a complete standalone build required?

It would help if I could just rebuild a correctly configured new amalgamation
upon releases, and then keep my integration process clean, re-using the built
amalgamation source file in my programs. It better fits my production process
(using MSVC 2017).

I can manage to run the build tools properly, for the target sqlite3.c or
sqlite_analyzer.exe for instance. I'm just not confident yet as to where to
start to patch the configuration so that I can lean to such an updated
sqlite3.c file (without breaking anything).

By the way...
This was clearly designed to keep this feature out of access except on very
specific needs.  Is it because the syntax behind is far from being standard or
common on other engines?  Or because it implies a significant increase in code
size or execution time, so is not eligible for the default amalgamation?

Olivier Mascia