On Sunday, 28 October, 2018 16:42, Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Oct 28, 2018, at 11:32 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

>> will last 50 years (which is 10 times the warranty period)

>Thank you.

No problems.  What I really mean of course is not that I "expect" the SSD to
last 50 years (when the warranty is only 5 years) but that I would expect that
it will last at least the 5 years that were warrantied (since the warranty is
for "bytes written" or "years", whichever is less).

Over the past 40 years I have found that most devices if treated properly seem
to last practically forever or quick sudden death (the bathtub curve).  It has
almost entirely been my experience that "forever" has limitations other than
continuing to work in accordance with the manufacturers specifications.  I have
generally found that the specifications become insufficient compared to what is
currently on the market at a much faster rate than actual failure.  In other
words the thing becomes useless due to excessively small size, slow speed,
ancient technology, whatever, long before actual failure.

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.