Please forgive my insistence -- are both those ideas really, really, stupid?

I understand SQLite is perfectly capable of handling huge database files
without any issues.
Yet I'm convinced there may be some corner cases where there might be
legitimate reasons for wanting partitioning (like this flight recorder mode
of mine).
I guess there might be obvious reasons for NOT doing so, which I however
fail to see at present -- any hints would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gerlando