Hi Keith,

thanks for your feedback and your generous insights.
Bottom line is, it's a cheap device (MLC with 3000 P/E cycles) and there's
nothing I can do about it, I just have to make the best of it.
If there's any way to figure out how "crappy" it is, I'd be interested in
hearing that.

>If there was a simple way to split the database into say 10 different
> >files (which could be queried against as a single database though), and
> >just rotate among those, I'd be very happy about it. Is there? Using
> >ATTACHed databases and carefully-crafted UNION statements perhaps?
>
> This is doable and there is even an extension to do that.  However, it is
> not likely to provide any advantage at the storage device level and suffers
> from the inherent unreliability introduced by adding complexity.  It might
> make a $2 dollar flash drive last a month rather than a day, but it is
> unlikely to have any effect on "designed for purpose" storage devices --
> and the more you paid for that storage device, the less of an effect it is
> likely to have.

Agreed. I'll have to dig this further.

Thank you,
Gerlando