On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 09:25:24 -0500
Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that sqlite3 still does not support row locking. This package
> tries to resolve this problem. But it does not have a standard build
> process for Linux.
>
> https://github.com/sqlumdash/sqlumdash/
>
> Are there other packages similar to sqlite3 but support row locking?

Row locking of how many rows?

In some projects I use a hidden column with a simple letter to flag the row
state and make queries filtering that flag. You can use a simple 'L' flag on
the rows you want locked and add a where to don't touch them.

I use it for softdelete rows, this allows fight against internal fragmentation,
but adds cost of adding the column to all indexes. At idle times delete all of
them or recreate the table with live rows.

Of course, if you plan to lock almost all rows, reverse the logic. If you want
to lock and unlock fast, use other method or PostgreSQL.

You can create a virtual table that adds this feature pretty easily.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peng