> HTTP is just a transport method.  There is no reason why its payload
> should not include your protocol if you want to tunnel through port 80.
>   You could embed it in TELNET also if you wanted to take advantage of
> port 23.
> JS

HTTP would be the logical choice, telnet is often firewalled. BTW, you
can of course allready telnet into the server anyway.

I will try doing something like this, but I have never implemented the
server side of a HTML connection. Do you know where I can find a quick
guide to making a simple HTTP server? Better still, what about a small
simple ready made HTTP server of the sort that can be embedded into the
application and has hooks to callback into user code?