How about

#define is_true(tf) ((uintptr_t)0 != (uintptr_t)(tf))

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Don V Nielsen
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. August 2019 22:42
An: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sqlite] Programming methodology (was DEF CON (wasL A
license plate of NULL))

If I were to have coded that junk (and I do see it too many times to count), I
would have coded it even junkier, as in

bool is_true (bool tf)
{
    if (tf == true) return true; else return false; }

If it's single statement following an if and that statement isn't beyond 80
characters, I will code it as a single line

bool is_true (bool tf)
{
    if (tf == true) { return true;}
    return false;
}

I would normally comment the method with something like

// SWEET MOTHER OF MOSES, WHO CODED THIS????
// But since it is existing code, I have chosen not to touch it and kick the
can down the road.
// I don't want to be responsible for retesting the 97 million functions that
actually employ // this piece of