On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 16:47:43 -0400
Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 8/13/19, Jose Isaias Cabrera <jic...@outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > I see all of you smart programmers using this
> > non-column matching behavior, and I ask myself why?
>
> Because that's the way Dennis Richie did it.  :-)

That's right.  Like many of a certain age, I learned C from K&R, and
adopted Ritchie's style.

I'm reminded of Bjarne Stroustrup's complaint about the C++
standardization process.  He would ask those assembled to offer
suggestions for how C++ could be made easier to use and more
approachable for the novice.  That question was always met with
silence.  If you want a lively discussion, he said, ask where the curly
braces belong.

--jkl