Apologies if this has been asked before but what is the reason that the SQLite
mailing list archives, linked at
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users, are
private for members only in order to be read? The archives can be viewed at a
mirror such as http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/ so there is no confidential
information to be concealed in any case.

Additionally, it appears that the SQLite Mailman server is configured to
suppress "reply-to" to the sender of an email. I've had a confused user waiting
for two weeks to receive a reply to their message that was approved and replied
to within a day, but since they did not subscribe and the reply was not copied
to the original sender as is common for Mailman mailing lists, they never saw
it.

I have a suspicion that the SQLite community has some rationales for these
decisions however I would ask them to consider that making the mailing list
opaque leads to user questions that are entirely related to SQLite and nothing
else being posted in downstream project communities instead, which pushes the
community response burden downwards.