The Standard Deviation of the Population is the Square Root of the mean of the
second order differences.

For your input values, you calculate the mean.
Then you calculate the mean of the square of the difference between each value
and the mean of the values.
Then you take the square root of that.

You can also compute it using a running calculation (generally more accurate on
IEEE754 hardware).

So just retrieve the values you are interested in and do the calculations in
your application.  That is, if you only want FOUR values, then write a query
that returns only those FOUR values, and use those to computer the answer.
While you can do all the calculations (including the Square Root) in SQL, it is
likely to be horrendously slow.

However, before you can do *ANYTHING* else, you need to be able to demonstrate
that you can write a select statement that retrieves the values you want to
work on, only the values you want to work on, and nothing but the values you
want to work on.  Having 47,000 values and sauing that you would like to find
the standard deviation of some set of four of them is entertaining, but not
useful in any way.

lot about anticipated traffic volume.