Pardon me for being thick. But the end of what? The end of the sqlite file?
The end of a table? The end of a select?

I always thought there was no such thing as "a start or an end" as the
database is basically air until you request something from it. Even when
you have something, it could change in the very next exec of the query. So
what is the "start" and what is the "end"?

Looking at a sqlite file as a whole, is it the row at the very end of the
file or the last row inserted, which could be located in some page that is
not even the end of the file.

I don't think I understand too well.