Am Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:36:37 -0800 schrieb Adam Levy:

> Although what Doug suggested could work, it doesn't make sense to me to add
> an extra count or max query just to know how many results will be returned
> when those results will be queried anyway.

One typical use case I can think of is that one wants to display a progress
bar during population of a list control with a query result. Impossible as
long as you don't know beforehand what 100% is by means of an absolute
number.

Maybe that's the reason why those percentage based progress bars are more
and more replaced by animation controls nowadays that just indicate that
something is still going on, without any kind of prediction how much more
time it will take. ;-)

Wolfgang