I think this is a bug.  However, looking at the code the way to achieve that is
to surround the string in double quotes which will cause exactly what appears
between the double-quotes to be stored.  I think it is because of the way the
parsing and mprintf function works ...

sqlite> .param init
sqlite> .parameter set :date "'2019-11-15'"
sqlite> .param list
:date '2019-11-15'
sqlite> select :date;
2019-11-15