Huh so the typical ranting for a valid use case has happened.

> Another alternative is to construct the command as a string.
begging for SQL injection. Thanks, no.

> all the suggestions and examples with temporary tables
and that's what you call easy for the programmer?

Nobody bothered to actually show the downside of increasing this value to
e.g. 10 thousands but everybody immediately proceeded to grumble.
What is the justifiable rationale to not change the default?

And while I'm on the line, I would like to ask for another change: to
enable GENERATE_SERIES by default in command line shell builds.