Brett Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anybody know if there anything special we have to do to get the
> new boolean optimization? Does it apply to any 0/1 integer values you
> put in a cell, or does the column have to be declared as BOOLEAN?

If the column type is "TEXT" or "VARCHAR", then when you try
to insert the 1 or 0 it will get changed into a "1" or "0".
But otherwise, it should not matter what the column type is.
Storing a 0 or 1 will use the new encoding.

Note also that if the column type is "REAL", and you insert
a 0.0 or 1.0, that value is stored using the new boolean
encoding too.  REAL values are stored as integers if they
can be, then converted back to REAL when read back out of
the file.  This is because integers normally use less disk
space.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>