[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Should I remove the tests from SQLite that prevent
> triggers in one database from referring to tables in
> a different database?  Or should I leave things as
> they are and close ticket #1689 with a remark of
> "works as designed".

I have had use for triggers that could operate on tables in a different
database, and been unable to use them.  I separate tables into two primary
databases because the tables in one of them can be locked for long periods of
time (long transactions) while the tables in the other database are accessed
frequently.  The mechanism for determining which databases will be operated on
is external to SQLite, so I would know that it is safe to issue a request that
would cause a trigger to operate on the other database.

I'd vote to allow a trigger to operate on a table in a different database, if
there are no reasons other than "they shouldn't need to do that" preventing
it.

Derrell