At 21:28 20/05/2006, you wrote:
The benefits I'm trying to get out of sqlite are the data queries. I collect a large, sparse 2D array from hardware. The hardware device is giving me a few GB of data data at 200MB/s. Future hardware versions will be four times that fast and give me terabytes of data. After I have the data, I then have to go through and make calculations on sub-boxes of that data. (I'll post some more about that in a different response.) I was trying to avoid coding my own sparce-matrix-file-stream-mess that I would have to do if I didn't have a nice DB engine. I think sqlite will work. I think it will be fast enough. I'll have some nice RAID controllers on the production machines with 48-256MB caches.