For your mail i think you have everything planned, but just for curiosity, how do you plan to pass data from hardware (800 MB/s + Database data) to a raid?? A GigEthernet has 1000 Mb/s (so, 128 MB/s), a PCI-X based solution has 1.3 to 2.6 Gb/s (so 150-300 MB/s), and similar for SATA and PCIe(x16). Even a direct Hypertransport to the raid has 3.2 Gb/s (. Note that i'm not asking for the raid, just for the SQLite hardware to Raid connection.

O ye of little faith. First, the hardware device. PCI64 based solutions run at 64bit x 66MHz with 50-70% efficiency. You can increase the clock to 133MHz using PCI-X. At 50% efficiency that is still 500MB/s. (My current solution runs the former and uses 50MB/s input.) Each channel in PCIe is 2.5Gb, apx 200MB/s. I assume I can get 60% efficiency on that. 16 channels of that is more than enough for 800MB/s. Hypertransport is way faster than 3.2Gb/s these days. We've looked at HTX (Hypertransport) connections, which are near 1000MB/s (http://www.pathscale.com/infinipath.php). In addition, I actually have an SGI Altix 350 box in the office that uses NUMALink connections running at 6.5GB/s: 200MHz x 128bit at near 100% efficiency. You can buy one of those for a scant $13k ;-)

For the hard disk, you can buy SGI (http://www.sgi.com/products/storage/tech/6700.html) drive arrays that run at 3GB/s. How do they do that? Lots of hard drives connected to their NUMA controllers. At the Super Computer show I've seen 1U 8-disk arrays running at a steady 400MB/s using QLogic controllers and optical links for a scant $3k. Two of those and you've got it.