On 24/05/06, Mikey C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am in need of some new SQL functions and wanted to ask advice on the best
way to integrate these functions into SQLite 3. I am not a proficient C
coder unfortunately.
What is the best way forward?  Have someone develop these and add them
directly to func.c or (to aid upgrading) create a new source and header file
and add them to the project?  How can new functions be added without
removing the ability to upgrade the source to 3.5.6 etc when patches are
released to func.c?

You don't need to modify the SQlite source to keep your user defined
functions. Write your routines and keep them seperate from sqlite, and
register them in your applicaiton when you first open your database.
Unless the API for user defined finctions changes, you won't need to
make any modifications you your code on each sqlite release.