Thanks for the response.

I did think of this, but this is a pain since:

1. I am using the Finisar ADO.NET provider and to do this these functions
would need to be registered every time the database connection is opened and
closed and I don't want to have to mess with the ADO.NET provider code.

2. I would like these extra functions to always be availabe to me (and
others), regardless of which project I am working on.

3. They help complete the SQL-92 features since these functions are defined
in the standards (CharIndex in MS SQL Server is Position in SQL-92 spec)

4. I am not concerned with footprint size since I use SQLite on desktops and
web servers where RAM and CPU power is not an issue.

I guess there is a way to use a new C source file (e.g. funcext.c and
funcext.h) for these extra functions and compile them in using conditional
compilation?

If anyone knows what funcext.c and funcext.h might look like I could get
started on someone with good C coding skills to implement all the missing
SQL-92 scalar and aggregate functions into these files.

I would then put them out in the public domain under the same license as
SQLite itself (ie. do what you like with them).

Thanks

Mike