Dave Dyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The real problem is that sqlite assumes it "owns" the temporary
> transaction file that it created, and can do anything it wants with it;
> for example read, rename, or delete it.

I think this is a very reasonable assumption.

> Any other process which
> gets it's hooks into the file can obviously invalidate this assumption.

This is not at all obvious to someone who does not
user or program for windows.

> The obvious quick fix is to retry these file operations that must
> succeed,...

Can some windows programmers suggest patches to os_win.c to
implement this.

> but the underlying problem is a fundamental one that deserves
> to be addressed.

Yes, I agree.  But microsoft is unlikely to address the
gross deficiencies in their filesystem.  So I suppose it
will fall to me to find a work-around.

I'll look into the matter when I have a chance.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>