Mikey C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please implement table and row level locking. :-)

People commonly believe that doing so must be easy.  I
certainly get a lot of requests for it from people who
think they know how.  But in fact, row-level locking
is extraordinarily difficult.  To my knowledge, nobody
has yet come up with a way to do it unless you:

  *  Add a server process to coordinate access.

  *  Accept that the database might be corrupted if
     an application crashes while writing.

  *  Make writing to the database very, very slow.

  *  Double the size of the database file.

If you think you know a way to implement row-level
locking that does not impose one of the above
limitations, then please tell me and I will look
into the matter.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>