"Edwin Knoppert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just wanted to warn you i can not read a newly created table created with
> the current release and opening it in v3.2.1 (afaik)
>
> Sorry, i removed the older dll, i overwrote it with the latest and read the
> table instantly.
> Before i had 0 tables shown.
>
> A simple query was used:
>
> CREATE TABLE [TABLE1] ( ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, NAME TEXT )
>
> I believe i also tried first:
> CREATE TABLE [TABLE1] ( ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, NAME )
> Sorry, i forgot.
>
> I may assume only a major version will have a different format?

SQLite 3.3.0 can read and write all prior versions of SQLite
databases.  But SQLite 3.2.8 cannot read or write a database
created by SQLite 3.3.0, unless you use

  PRAGMA legacy_file_format=TRUE;

prior to creating the database, or unless you compile 3.3.0
with -DSQLITE_DEFAULT_FILE_FORMAT=1.

The file format enhancement in version 3.3.0 has caused an
inordinate amount of grief for the benefit it provides.  I
deeply regret making it the default.  I might yet, in a future
release, make the old file format the default.  The in a couple
of years time, once all the legacy versions of SQLite that
do not understand it have faded from existance, I can make
the enhanced file format the default again.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>