Von: David Crawshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: sqlite-users@sqlite.org; Martin Pfeifle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet: Sonntag, den 30. Juli 2006, 23:37:17 Uhr
Betreff: Re: AW: [sqlite] New JDBC driver for SQLite

Martin Pfeifle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does the jdbc driver also provide the direct reading and writing of BLOBs?

Yes, through PreparedStatement.setBytes() and ResultSet.getBytes(). I
haven't added support yet for the java.sql.Blob type, because I am
funadmentally opposed to the idea of SQL calls generating heap garbage
and invoking the GC.

One thing I am trying to solve is how to get the size of a BLOB
without using RS.getBLOB().